Acro Manufacturing Corporation was established in 1959 by the Packingham family with a focus on offering services associated with the tool and die industry. The original building with 1275 square feet was located in the northeast quadrant of Cedar Rapids, Iowa near Quaker Oats.
The purchase of an 8,000 square foot facility was made in 1968. This building is the current site and along with two additional buildings there have been expansions 7 different times as the company has grown in its’ capabilities and services offered to OEM manufacturers located in the United States, Mexico, China, Japan, Malaysia and Europe.
A transition from the tool and diebusiness to CNC machining was started in 1973 with the purchase of our first vertical milling machine. Today’s CNC machine count at Acro is 28 with the largest machine capable of holding 30,000 pounds.
The primary focus of our business today is CNC subcontract machining in our 62,000 square foot facility. Acro Manufacturing Corporation is still a family owned business with over 50 employees operating two shifts. We have built long-term relationships with our customers by providing quality components that exceed their expectations, on schedule and at competitive costs.
We are a company of action, we will seize the moment and we will persist without exception.